JLB ARCHITECTS - architecture firm based in Cape Town, South Africa
The origins of JLB Architects can be traced back to 1994 when Jean Lombaard registered the company. Over the next decades, he assembled a team that helped him grow their business and human capital.
The combined experience of the team stretches to over 50 years. It covers a comprehensive spectrum of expertise which enables them to serve commercial, public and private sectors.
The Rosebank office in Johannesburg supports the Capetonians, and together, the two teams collaborate on many projects. They render quality professional services across southern Africa.
Jean Lombaard | Senior Architect
BAS - (Bachelor of Architectural Studies) Barch - (Bachelor of Architecture); PDP - (Property Development - UCT BS)
Farah Diba Daniels | Senior Architectural Technologist
The origins JLB architects can be traced back to 1994 when Jean Lombaard registered the company. Farah Diba Daniels joined him in 1999 and Innocent Ngalimane in 2004. The combined experience of over 40 years as specialist architects covers a comprehensive spectrum of architectural work in the commercial, public and private sectors. In 2007 JLB Lombaard Daniels Ngalimane Architects CC was established. The current shareholder agreement and registered BEE equity and voting profile of JLB Lombaard Daniels Ngalimane Architects CC are 57.5%.
The office has extensive experience in sophisticated and intricate technical projects that require particular services co-ordination between the various engineering disciplines by the architects. The partners in Johannesburg, Brett Ross and Barry Kok have attended the World Congress in the USA in 2007 & 2009 for sustainable architecture. They are well experienced in the technical aspects of sustainable architecture.
The senior architects have worked extensively on hospitals, schools, residential and commercial projects. Some of the projects were situated in less privileged areas and were carried out with new, upcoming contractors.
Some of the clients include
- Telkom SA
- Standard Bank SA
- Alcatel – Lucent telecoms
- Bahricom Telecoms
- Pinnacle Micro Computers
- ABSA Bank
- South African Revenue Services - SARS
- Mr Price Homestores
- City of Cape Town Municipality
- Winelands Municipality Worcester
- Tag Heuer Switzerland
- Insumo Property Developers
- Barnes Property Developers
- Sonangol Angola
- Heartland Properties – AECI
- Redefine Properties
- Main One Cable Company - Nigeria
- Numerous private clients for residential buildings
JLB Architects have been awarded the following accolades:
- Sanlam Forum Office Building - Fulton Concrete Award 1998
- Pinnacle Micro HQ & Distribution Centre - Winning design for closed Competition 1998
- Data Hosting Centre for Cybernest - Finalist for Cisco systems ‘most innovative design’ for a data centre 2010
- Frost & Sullivan Green Excellence in Technology Innovation Award 2011